Seattle Black Pride reached a new milestone this past week when the organization was awarded a two-year contract for $200,000 from Public Health, Seattle & King County to provide HIV prevention programming focusing on Black Men who have Sex with Men. Many of you may be familiar with the “Body and Soul” program which was implemented over the past year. These funds will allow us to continue and expand this program over the next two years so that we can reach more people in our community with important information about their sexual health in a way that appreciates and recognizes our culture as black gay men and MSM (Men who have Sex with other Men).
Thursday, July 19
5PM: SBP Singles Mixer
At: Jai Thai Lounge 2533 Broadway Ave. (FREE)
Come out and meet sexy singles during this after work Happy Hour event.
7PM: Grown & Sexy Old Skool Funk Dance & VIP Party
At: Faire Gallery Café, 1351 East Olive Way, Seattle, WA 98122 ($15)
Featuring Live Jazz Band Until 9:30PM, then dance the night away with DJ Kun Luv, playing your favorite Old School Funk ’til Midnight!
Old Skool Funk / R&B. Age 30 & over
Friday, July 20
Two VIBES for the price of one:
- Seattle Black Pride’s Juke Joint with Live Music by Felicia Loud & Band
- Seattle Black Pride’s Hip-Hop Party with DJGo back and forth between the two parties all night!
Champagne Toast at Midnight, Drink Specials, light food and great SURPRISES!
Join Seattle Black Pride for a free three-day retreat! We take a closer look at our black gay selves and at what makes us who we are, including our relationships, culture, behaviors and their effects on our health. You will walk away from this retreat with a new sense of power, negotiation skills, and tools to prevent the transmission of STDs & HIV. You can find a lot of information on the digital web, but here’s what you will get out of this program.
- Learn the interactions between HIV and other STDs, and its impact on your life.
- Discuss the “man of your dreams” and the “power” of tops and bottoms.
- Develop skills to improve how you talk to your man and how your man talks to you.
- Discuss stereotypes: “tops,” “bottoms,” etc.
- Develop risk reduction strategies
- Relax your body and free your soul for one weekend